Our Lady of America, pray for your wicked, perverted children.
Sunday, March 29, 2009
Our Lady of America, pray for your wicked, perverted children.
St. Alphonsus, patron of arthritis, pray for us.
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Monday, March 23, 2009
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Notre Dame is Catholic in Name Only and has been for a long time. It's like the Episcopalians. It looks good on the surface. You see chapels, and statues and priests and even the occasional habited nun wandering around but the heart is not there at all. All of the big old Catholic schools are like that. If you want your kid to stay Catholic sending him to Notre Dame, Georgetown or Boston College probably won't help. You'd be much better off trying Christendom, Franciscan, Belmont Abbey, Thomas Aquinas or Univ. of Dallas. Heck, the flowering of genuine Catholic faith migt find better ground at Baylor or (ugh!)Bob Jones.
Notre Dame is so far gone that if St. Thomas Aquinas or St. Theresa Benedicta were to suddenly appear and teach a class for a semester both the students and the faculty would complain that they were to "rigid" which we all know means "too Catholic."
What's the answer? Stop sending your kids to Notre Dame. Stop having conferences there. Stop giving speeches there. Stop sending kids there on college field trips. Just stop feeding the monster. We pew potatoes have to take a stand. We dull, dumb, unsexy, unsophisticated folks can change things if we want to. The president of Notre Dame doesn't give a rat's ass about your cards, letters, or op/eds. He will ONLY notice the financial bottom line. So, it's time to go completely Klingon on their asses.
Friday, March 20, 2009
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Second, because they don't give a genuine damn about Africans. And that's okay too in a round about way. When the West tries to fix Africa or black people anywhere it usually makes things worse, much worse. I ask for Africans and black Americans the same thing Frederick Douglas asked. Stop treating people of color like victims, children or as if our collective IQs are all somewhere around 64. Frederick says it better than I:
" Everybody has asked the question..., "What shall we do with the Negro?" I have had but one answer from the beginning. Do nothing with us! Your doing with us has already played the mischief with us. Do nothing with us! If the apples will not remain on the tree of their own strength, if they are wormeaten at the core, if they are early ripe and disposed to fall, let them fall! I am not for tying or fastening them on the tree in any way, except by nature's plan, and if they will not stay there, let them fall. And if the Negro cannot stand on his own legs, let him fall also. All I ask is, give him a chance to stand on his own legs! Let him alone! If you see him on his way to school, let him alone, don't disturb him! If you see him going to the dinner table at a hotel, let him go! If you see him going to the ballot- box, let him alone, don't disturb him! [Applause.] If you see him going into a work-shop, just let him alone,--your interference is doing him a positive injury."
Our Ladyof Africa, pray for us.
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Sunday, March 15, 2009
I saw on the Deacon's Bench blog, that Elizabeth Scalia, The Anchoress made a TV appearance. She wrote on her blog that she feared she was too fat but I think she looks great. She's very cozy and cuddly like a mama should look. And if you read her blog you already know that she's smart as all get out so I was interested in hearing what she had to say.
At Mass last night Fr. and I had a small mishap with the Host. He overestimated the distance between us and I found myself choking. Being me, as I walked back to my pew I wondered if this was a sign. Was the Lord displeased? Did I need to go to confession? I prayed and when I was calm I was able to discretely dislodge the Host from where It was stuck in my throat and swallowed. I felt a bit silly----some of the most offbeat things happen to me---, and relieved and very thankful. I've had my fill of passing out in public.
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Satan never sleeps. He's been fighting the Church from the begining. He tried to shake the Faith with the persecutions and martyrdom of the Apostles and then the early saints. He belched up the Arians and all the later heresies. Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, the Taliban, the Lord's Resistance Army and the other little antichrists are his work.
I know all this but still this little piece of nastiness surprised me. The bill has been dropped but the war is not over. Not by a long shot. The slow, rough beast is still slouching towards Bethlehem. One day a remnant of Catholics will be forced into new catacombs. But in the end, Our Lord will come and the smaller, purer Church will triumph.
I'm reminded of Hellaire Belloc's famous quote:
... we laugh. But as we laugh we are watched by large and awful faces from beyond: and on these faces there is no smile.
Sunday, March 08, 2009
Friday, March 06, 2009
Sr. Sandra sounds like she wouldn't get on with nuns like these:
Let the apostolic visitors come. I'm sure they're smart people and they won't be able to miss who has vocations and who's drying up in sour feminist spite. Young ladies like the ones shown below aren't flocking to hang out with Sr. Sandra.
Sunday, March 01, 2009
- Tom Brady, (the Patriots quarterback) married the bra and panty model, Giselle (eh, find your own pictures) in a Catholic church. What do you think will last longer, his career or the marriage? And do you think they had to sit through pre-Cana classes?
- Have you ever gone to church and found rocks in the holy water font during Lent. Where the heck did that come from?
- Isn't it odd that more people seem to be upset by the idea of Fr. Marciel having sinful, yet natural sex with a female than were bothered by the gay rumors?
- I've noticed that more and more elderly people at Mass leave right after Communion. They do it because they don't like being pushed and jostled after Mass. What happened to Catholics? Why are we rushing/fleeing from Mass like the legion of demons going after the pigs? Where did our manners go?
- Do you ever get the feeling that this economic crisis is somehow not completely real? The prez says we're all doomed but he's flying to Chi-town to have dinner. Mrs. Obama is redecorating the White House despite the fact that it was already done a few years ago and still looks fine. Supposedly we're all just half a step from selling apples on the street and prostituting our daughthers for food but the stores all look pretty full to me. People seem to be going about their business and the restaurants are full on Friday night. So what's up?
- Does it seem like anti-Catholicism is more open these days? On Friday I sat behind a loud mouthed dude on the bus who mocked Catholic dogma. Everybody on the bus had to hear him. His friend looked ashamed but didn't tell Mr. Loud Mouth to shut up. I've never run into this before. Yes, I've heard nasty little comments and jokes in private but never out in the open like this.
- How can anyone claim that the Church is anti woman? Our parishes are run by fierce women. The sacristan is usually female. The cantor is a woman. Half of the time the organist is female. The choir is mostly female. The eucharistic ministers are mostly female. The church secretary is female and she's a tougher gatekeeper than the three headed dog of Hades. Rocky once tried to make an appointment to go to confession. The secretary grilled him on why he wanted to talk to the priest. Finally he snapped (it takes a LOT to make Rocky mad) that he was a sinner and need to be absolved and unless she could do that herself she should write his name down in the Father's schedule. She grudgingly put him down on the schedule.
- Have you ever noticed that most professional Catholics---lay people who make their living off of books and speeches about their version of Catholicism are like the Protestant pop singers who weren't sexy or talented enough to make it in secular music?