- I have such a feeling of deja vu these days. It's like I've seen so much of what's going on in the news before. I guess either Americans naturally go through cycles or the powers that be manipulate us into the same thing over and over again. Right now, fools seem to want to relive the 70s. I was a little kid in the 70s but I know I don't want to go through all that again. As I recall, many of the college kids seemed to be crazy, the clothes were hideous, and the women outside of my church and family all seemed to be mad all the time. Back in the 70s my father could shake his head, turn off the TV and tell me that the people in New York and California were nuts (sorry, if you live there) but that everything was going to be okay as soon as Carter* left and that I should'n't worry. Today, you can't even shield your children by turning off the TV.
- Rest in peace, Norma.
- I was very moved by the introit at Mass this week : The sorrows of death surrounded me, the sorrow of hell encompassed me : and in my affliction I called upon the Lord, and He heard my voice from His holy Temple. I will love Thee, o Lord, my strength : the Lord is my firmament, my refuge, and my deliverer. v. Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Ghost, as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
- Every single time I've read something by Ann Barnhardt and said to myself, "Oh no, Ann, that can't be right," I've been wrong and she's been right. This latest post of hers explains everything.
- India, like Pakistan and Turkey is, once you get past the tourist section and hit the villages, a pretty horrible place. May God have mercy on this poor man who was killed like the 40 Martyrs of Sebaste
- Several years ago an man went out to dinner at a well known restaurant. Six weeks later he became sick. His lab work showed that the poor man had typhoid. After an investigation it was discovered that the salad prep boy at the fancy restaurant was a typhoid carrier. The man sued but lost because the strain of typhoid the salad prepper had did not match what the victim had. The restaurant owners saved money in hiring an illegal alien but they lost in bad publicity and in the money it cost to defend themselves in court. One of the major problems with illegals is that they have not had a physical proving that they aren't carrying a dread disease.
|I'm cutting this out and taping it to the inside cover of my 2017 planner|
- As rich as Melinda Gates is, she still is not happy. A happy woman does not spend all her time going around meddling in the lives of other women and telling them to kill their children.
* My father was a straight ticket Democrat but even he was sick of Jimmy Carter and since he couldn't bring himself to vote for Teddy Kennedy because of the disgusting Chappaquiddick affair he was happy to see Reagan.