Sunday, October 30, 2005

Goodnight Harriet

Corporal Miers, having taken a gut shot for the big guy was finally allowed to withdraw to the rear. I don't know if she would've made a good Supreme Court justice. I don't know if she would've done well in the Senate hearings, in fact I doubt it, but I am very sad at how this woman was treated by her fellow republicans. She was called Caligula's horse, Barney the dog, the cleaning lady, and was sarcasticly referred to as a 60 year old virgin. There was also ugly talk of lesbianism. Her supporters were called crude and kool-aid drinkers. The smartie pants at National Review Online are still doing the Snoopy Dance because Miers withdrew her name from consideration but I think this is a phyrric victory. Don't expect the Miers supporters to forgive and forget. There are a lot of bitter people out there right now.