Wednesday, December 13, 2006

random thoughts for a wednesday night

  • I love Monday night Mass at my church. Usually there's no music and no sign of peace. It's a smaller crowd and somehow more homey.


  • After reading Rocco Palmo's blog (just for giggles) and seeing his Guadalupe post I was left wondering if this guy is for real. Does he honestly believe the stuff he writes or is he just putting us all on?

  • Yesterday I came across a cradle Catholic who went to 12 years of Catholic schools who swore she never heard of Holy Days of Obligation until she was an adult. I think her parents should sue the diocese for their tuition money back.

  • This is a really great site.

  • Gerald of the Cafeteria is Closed blog got married. His lovely bride looked glorious and it was quite refreshing to see a bride who didn't have most of her cleavage exploding out of her dress. I'll be so glad when that immodest fad is finally over.


2 comments:

Vir Speluncae Catholicus said...

Yesterday I came across a cradle Catholic who went to 12 years of Catholic schools who swore she never heard of Holy Days of Obligation until she was an adult. I think her parents should sue the diocese for their tuition money back.

I have just one question... why didn't the parents ever take this person to Mass on Holy Days?

Dymphna said...

Probably not. Parents are the first teachers and are responsible before God for their child's spiritual life but let's be honest. Most American Catholics just send the kid to CCD or to Catholic school and assume that the nuns will take care of it.
That's why I say, "God bless homeschooling parents," because they're really taking responsibility for their children's education.