Saturday, April 14, 2007

saturday thoughts

  • I'm so proud. My blog site is blocked in China!


  • I saw this on The Lair of the Catholic Cavemen. If Italian Catholics are so ignorant of their Faith when the Vatican is right in their midst what does that say about the state of catechesis. I keep hearing that the New Springtime is right around the corner (along with the freeing of the Tridentine Mass) but so far things look pretty darn frosty to me.


  • Getting back to my concerns about my darling mother I just read this on Lair of Catholic Cavemen which brings up what VatII had to say about salvation outside the Church.

3 comments:

Sanctus Belle said...

Hey! I linked to the firewall of China through your site and lo and behold I'm blocked too! What an honor! I had checked a couple of months ago and was not blocked, someone blocked me since.

I can relate to your concerns for your mother. My own left the church when I was small and still is away. My father is a nonpracticing Lutheran. I pray for them at daily mass at the elevation and beg Jesus to save them. Try having masses said for her, also ask an arsenal of saints to "take her on" as a patronee. I say a prayer that goes like this: "Dear St. Barbara (or whichever) I beg you to take so-and-so upon yourself and be for them a patron saint. Do not cease to pray for them before the Trinity until they are right beside you in heaven. Do not let thier soul go down into the the fire - obtain from God the graces needed for salvation...etc. I find great solace in this practice. I cannot pray for any one person without ceasing, but the saints can, and in thier generosity - they do!

Dymphna said...

Thanks Santus Belle!

Hans Georg Lundahl said...

Here are my own results (and a few others)