Sunday, June 01, 2008

Psst. Wanna improve vocations numbers?







Here are two suggestions:


  1. Move the effeminate priests into the chancery or to non-parish assignments. Back when I was growing up there were so many soft looking and acting priests walking around that parishioners were startled and delighted when a priest came along who was manly. I'm not saying these guys are gay and that doesn't matter in this context. No young man wants to hang around with the squishy, effeminate guy. He may be polite to him. He may respect his office but he'd never in a million years want to go to the seminary if he believes all the other guys are going to be like Fr. Skippy.


  2. Stop showing those horribly girly looking paintings of Jesus. No man wants to look like that and you frighten guys into thinking that holiness is strictly woman stuff:






























































7 comments:

standing maryanna said...

I agree with you about those awful holy card pictures of Jesus. They repel rather than draw me closer.

Sanctus Belle said...

I agree with you completely. I would add that same sentiment for women religious - stop it with the manly, elastic waist pants wearing, butch haircut "pin nuns" No real woman wants to be like them - they serve as a red flag for young women NOT to consider religious life.

The Bovina Bloviator said...

Amen. Amen. No Jesus as metrosexual and no nuns sporting Johnny Cash hairdos.

Dymphna said...

You're so right, Belle. Even back when I was a high school girl and thought I wanted to be a nun I knew I didn't want to be one of the man-haired, pant suited ones.

Carolina Cannonball said...

Word.

Joe of St. Thérèse said...

agreed 100%

Joe of St. Thérèse said...

and i might add, celebrate Mass, say the black, do the red, nothing more, nothing less. The Mass aint about Fr. Comedian