Saturday, July 05, 2008

The sign of division

I have a tiny brooch that is shaped like a monstrance and decided to wear it to work. Nobody noticed except one person, a fellow Catholic and she was quite disturbed. Odd. She asked me twice in an aggrieved tone about it. I should've asked her why she cared so much. Was she embarrassed? Did she think it made me look like a Trad? Was I suddenly not cool becuase my brooch looked like a monstrace? If she knew that I wear either veils or hats to Mass would she be horrified?

I guess I'll have to wear that brooch more often.

4 comments:

Lynne said...

The brooch sounds lovely. lol

Kit Brookside said...

Wear it!!! Why in the world would this disturb someone who's Catholic? Hmmmm....I look forward to more info on this one!

Joe of St. Thérèse said...

Keep it up!

Coffee Catholic said...

Where did you get it?!?! I want one!!