Monday, July 05, 2010

Two ghastly blogs and one confusing one

I discovered a newish blog written by a stay at home wife. I won't link to it or even say the name. I'd rather not send her any traffic, nor do I want her to visit me here. She's a Christian but I don't ever want to set foot inside her church if she's an example of what her denomination produces. She dislikes career women, women who aren't her class and really has a bee in her bonnet about well...let's just say that she reminds me of Mae Ella Ewell and Queen Gertrude's famous line.

The other blog is a sedevacantist blog that I came across accidentally. When the page first loads it looks lovely and then once you start reading a few posts you realizet that you've wandered into drooling insane land. I was tempted to write a comment but it would be pointless to try to tell the writers that yes, Benedict is the pope and no, Michelle Obama's tacky clothes are not a sign of the apocalypse.

Finally, there's one weirdly fascinating blog, written by a guy, who occasionally writes for Inside Catholic. He's saying something but damn if I can figure out what.

4 comments:

Joe of St. Thérèse said...

a. I didn't know working women were intrinsically evil.

b. Sedevacantists in esscence deny Christ's promise. No way I could be one.

Lola said...

I'd love to see the Sedvacantists blog. Crazy is entertaining.


BTW, having been an 'offical' Mom, with very little staying at home, I can say all women are working women. For money or no.

Hans Georg Lundahl said...

" I was tempted to write a comment but it would be pointless to try to tell the writers that yes, Benedict is the pope and no, Michelle Obama's tacky clothes are not a sign of the apocalypse."

Well, if Benedict had been Pope, he might have:

* condemned psychiatry (while instead she sent Susana Maiolo to it for one week);
* condemned the message Susana Maiolo gave to Georg Gänsewein, at least on his words, instead he abdicated on that message;
* stopped ignoring sedevacantist popes and called a council about who is really the Pope.

There was one in Constance.

If Benedict had been Pope, also, he would not a good decade before his election have signed apostatic acts condemning the Fundamentalist reading of Scripture.

Whether Michelle Obama's tacky clothes are or aren't a sign of the Apocalypse, I'd like to see the exact argument before taking your word for it.

I had read in "Was Karl Marx a Satanist" by Richard Wurmbrandt that Marx and Engels and quite a few others had worn the exact type of hair and beard cut used in the lodge of Helena Blavatskaja (or "Blavatsky", though that is the masculine form, and Slavic surnames are adjectives which usually make the difference).

I have used that argument, and had thrown back on me that "his haircut does not prove he was a Satanist".

No, not his haircut in isolation from the consideration of being the same as used by a certain set, nor in isolation from considering what the set stood for, nor in isolation from other considerations about him suggesting he was esoteric and Satanist. But interrupting an argument I start to make does not prove I was thus isolating the issue of his haircut. Nor do I isolate the issue of Michelle Obama's tacky or not tacky clothes from whatever argument they might have presented about it.

Hans Georg Lundahl said...

"Sedevacantists in esscence deny Christ's promise. No way I could be one."

Not those, at least, who accept other papal lines than "Pius XII, John XXIII, Paul VI, John Paul I, John Paul II, Benedict XVI", up to Bergoglio.

They are just taking another side in a conflict very like the one during the Great Western Schism.

Those believing in the wrong Pope - the Avignon one, while there was again a Rome one - were wrong, but not heretically denying Christ's promise.

Also, one can ask how long a sedevacancy can be in the canonic Church of Rome, considering the matter from Christ's promise.

Pope Michael considered, if I recall correctly, and "Pius XIII" (Pulvermacher, RIP) whom I also considered, considered certainly that 39 years was not beyond possible.

Referring to the 39 years of Western Schism as a practical sedevacancy, "papa dubius sicut papa nullus".

Pulvermacher took his election with words "we have broken the record" (39 "during Western Schism", 40 "between Pius XII and Pius XIII").

Back when I was Palmarian, I considered 39 years of Western Schism as not a sedevacancy, thus the lapse as too long.