Sunday, August 01, 2010

With all due respect

Auxiliary Bishop Gabino Zavala of Los Angeles recently made a comment about bloggers:

"We are particularly concerned about blogs that engage in attacks and hurtful judgmental language. We are very troubled by blogs and other elements of media that assume the role of magisterium and judge others in the church."

Bishop Zavala I wish you were particularly concerned about how ignorant the average American Catholic child is, or the day in and day out abuses of the Mass but no, you and your brothers are fretting about me speaking my mind.

4 comments:

Mary Ann said...

The bishops who promote all kinds of bad things (like pro-abortion, pro-homosexual groups being funded through the Catholic Campaign for Human Development) would like all us orthodox Catholics to disappear. Dietrich von Hildebrand pointed that out years ago in The Devastated Vineyard. They've stripped the grapevines, but they don't want any of us pointing it out. Just sit in the pew and, as the old slogan says, "pray, pay, and obey."

Interestingly, though, they rarely expect the heretics to obey -- maybe because they know they won't. So they expend their energy trying to shut up those who are defending the faith because they won't.

It's pathetic. It's their job to blow the warning trumpet. But if they won't, somebody else must -- and that's us, Dymphna. Keep blowing that trumpet!

LarryD said...

I didn't realize the USCCB read my blog.

;-)

Restore-DC-Catholicism said...

Bishop Zavala is the one who presided over that debacle called a "mass" at the close of the LA Religious Ed conference. I link to it on my blog. I'm quite serious in doubting it was a mass, given what appears to be invalid matter for the Eucharist.

Joe of St. Thérèse said...

Apparently he's talking about my blog, I'm infmaous down at the Archdiocese office :p...They don't like being called out on their errors. I love this new media