Saturday, May 21, 2011

I don't feel like laughing

A lot of people are mocking the poor souls who believe that the rapture of the just is going to take place today. I can't. Yeah, these people are ridiculous at first glance and yes, even though they are just a small Protestant sect they reflect badly on Christians in general but I'll bet  many of them are kind, decent sorts. They are going to be heartbroken and humiliated before their children and neighbors come Sunday. I'm sure that many, the kids in particular  will lose their faith in God. That's a tragedy because I haven't seen too many efforts by Catholics to reach the people trapped in charismatic and evanelical sects.
May God send a  a brave missonary to California  to lead them to the barque of Peter.

5 comments:

Mrs. Rudd said...

Not laughing, no. Pity. But they will only lose face with the mockers - their children will learn that it did happen, only it was invisible, or they were left here for the important work of saving more souls before the end of the world in October, or something.

Yes, they are kindly, decent people. Having been one of that ilk in former days, I know that they have consigned both of us to hell, some of them quite happily. The truly kindly ones pray for us to leave the Scarlet Woman of Babylon before it is too late.

I'm trying to think of the kind of missionary who could penetrate such hostile territory. For starters, he would have to know his Bible fore and aft.

elena maria vidal said...

I agree, it's not a laughing matter. And after all, the world IS going to end someday. "We know not the day nor the hour."

hank_F_M said...

A tragedy yes. I have heard this guy on the radio. Except for his end time stuff he is one of the more solid radio preachers. Of a traditional Reformation approach rather than than the common evangical preaching. I think a lot of people got involved becuase he much more solid than much of stuff out there. Maybe in God's grace this will cause them to look a little harder and come home to the true church.

scotju said...

As a former member of the Worldwide Church of God, founded by Herbert W Armstrong, it's kind of hard for me not to laugh. Herbert, like Harold, had two failed predictions about the end of the world. His fellowers who stayed with him surpressed the truth about HWA's failures from new members like myself. I'm sorry if yo think this is unkind, but IMHO, people who cover up a fraud deserve to be laughed at by honest persons.

Hans Georg Lundahl said...

Laughter at people having made false predictions seem a good way to prepare when some at last make a true identification.

I think Bergoglio is the False Prophet and Putin might well be the Beast.

We do not yet know when they will start their worst acts though.