Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Archbishop Gänswein just said something but what does it really mean?

Monsignor, Archbishop Georg Ganswein is Pope Benedict's man so when he talks about his boss he isn't just pulling something out of his biretta and spouting off because he likes the cameras. We can assume that this little idea really did come from Benedict.  Beware, beware, beware when someone no matter how high thinks  he can improve on what Jesus left us. That always leads to confusion, unhappiness and on many occasions in history, death. If you could speak to the dead you could ask anybody who ran afoul of Jim Jones, the Albigensians, the Arians, and of course anyone of the saints martyred by the Protestants.





4 comments:

Mary Ann Kreitzer said...

I'm not sure what to make of this, Dymphna. In view of the results, my first feeling was abandonment to a wolf in sheep's clothing. I'll need to think about it, but it seems like a papal office with a split personality -- as if the "active" pope doesn't need to be contemplative and the "contemplative" pope doesn't need to be active. I don't think we need an "expanded papacy." We just need a faithful one.

Sal Sal said...

It seems as though these guys are too smart for their own good. The (almost) simple principles of the papacy; guide the faithful, keep the true faith, lead by powerful example until the end; are not good enough and must be changed.

At what point do you think their ego and pride took the better part of them? To paraphrase Ann Barnhardt, do they even believe this stuff anymore? My gut tells me that they do not.

I speak for myself when I say this but, I must have done some horrible things to deserve such leadership in my church. This is SOME punishment.

Lynne said...

This is terribly disturbing. All sorts of thoughts are racing through my head but I will leave them there. I've become very serious about saying the rosary each day.

Hans Georg Lundahl said...

"Archbishop Gänswein also said that Pope Francis and Benedict are not two popes “in competition” with one another, but represent one “expanded” Petrine Office with “an active member” and a “contemplative.”

Oh, sure. That is certainly how Celestine V and Boniface VIII worked together too. < / irony off >

On a better note, Blessed Corpus Christi.