Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Oh come on...


  •  This is not my parish, thank goodness.  Rocky hasn't come across a used diaper yet but he and  the other ushers find some really icky stuff in the pews after Mass, particularly after weddings.


  • Bishop Tobin of Rhode Island has deleted his Twitter account.  He couldn't stomach the blow-back that came his way after writing:"

    “Despite the egregious offenses of a few, and despite the faults and sins we all have, I’m very proud of my brother bishops and I admire and applaud the great work they do everyday for Christ and His Church”.

    He followed that unwise and offensive tweet with this little charmer:

    "If you find a perfect church out there somewhere, by all means, join it. But remember, the moment you join it, it will cease being perfect."

    Well thanks, your Excellency, I never thought I'd see the day when a bishop would say to the Faithful that they should leave the Church if they are upset by the scandals. Bishop Tobin seriously miscalculated how angry and more importantly, how sick with grief the laity has become, people let him know and he ran away. St. Peter Damien, pray for us.



  • Cardinal Kevin Farrell finally has made a public statement about his old mentor, Cardinal McCarrick. He states, "I never heard any of this before in the six years I was there with him." So far, the response from the lay folk has been skeptical.