Sunday, April 16, 2006

Easter

Jesus the Christ has risen today. Alelieuia!


We went to Easter Vigil at our backup church. The Easter fire was lit in a hibachi and a nervous looking man stood by with a fire exstinguisher just in case in got out of hand. Everybody looked happy and nicely dressed. Interestingly enough the only sour notes were from a group of people who looked to be in their 60s. I don't know what their problem was. They seemed uncomfortable and left early. Odd.

But anyway, both Fr. Theoden (no that's not his name, that's what I call him) and young Fr. Aragorn looked smashing, spoke and sang well. Mass was beautiful, uplifting and people wept when the 13 candidates and catechumens were brought into the church. The youngest was 10ish and the oldest was pushing 70. One of the catechumen's was named Michael and when the priest said, "Michael, do you reject Satan and all his works?" I immediately thought of the baptism scene from The Godfather. It took some self control not to start gigling.

Both my husband and I were wiped out and went home to bed instead of going to the reception afterward. Today I'm just going to stay in bed, listen to my Marha Long CD and read.