Thursday, April 20, 2006

Random thoughts on a Thursday night

  1. Excessive Catholicism is a fantastic newly redesigned blog. I visit it every day now and the guy who runs it is looking for a co-blogger.

  2. Cardinal McCarrick may be retiring this summer. This is a good thing. I've always had a fondness for the cardinal. He is a charming man. He looks just like a leprechaun and is so gentle and kind but gee whiz--- I just wish we could have cardinal who is passionate about the DC diocese and it's people.

  3. I tried to like the We're-reading-the-catechism blog but I just can't seem to get into it.

  4. Happy anniversary dear, dear Holy Father!

  5. I don't think there's going to be a universal indult. I think some Vatican official decided to play a practical joke and whispered the idea into a reporter's ear. The guy who runs the Bettnet blog seems to think that a reform of the current NO Mass is on the way instead of an indult. Heck, he may be right.

  6. Cardinal Mahoney's going down but I'm not celebrating because he's going to take the faith of a lot of Catholics with him and that is always a tragedy.

  7. After reading this dude's nasty essay I have no desire to touch his book.

  8. As long as you have breath in your body it's not too late to get your butt into a confessional and to give yourself up to God's Divine Mercy. The Knights of Columbus have a nice little PDF guide to get you started.

  9. Catholic Anaylsis asks a very good question. Speaking as a black Catholic who was raised in the inner city I wish more people thought like this.

  10. Happy birthday to Mother Angelica. Mother, John Paul II, Tan Books and the goodness of a number of Opus Dei priests are the reason I'm Catholic today.