Tuesday, April 18, 2006

With apologies to everybody with good taste

Yeah I know a LOT of people hate this song but I never fail to get a goofy thrill from it.


I danced in the morning
When the world was begun,
And I danced in the moon
And the stars and the sun,
And I came down from heaven
And I danced on the earth,
At Bethlehem I had my birth.

Dance, then, wherever you may be,
I am the Lord of the Dance, said He,
And I'll lead you all, wherever you may be,
And I'll lead you all in the Dance, said He

I danced for the scribe
And the Pharisee,
But they would not dance
And they wouldn't follow me.

I danced for the fishermen,
For James and John -They came with me
And the Dance went on.

I danced on the Sabbath
And I cured the lame;
The holy peopleSaid it was a shame.
They whipped and they stripped
And they hung me on high,
And they left me there
On a Cross to die.

I danced on a Friday
When the sky turned black
It's hard to dance
With the devil on your back.
They buried my body
And they thought I'd gone,
But I am the Dance,
And I still go on.

They cut me down
And I leapt up high;
I am the life
That'll never, never die;
I'll live in youIf you'll live in me -I am the LordOf the Dance, said He.