Sunday, June 17, 2007

exhausted

I'm exhausted but in a good way. I went to help out the altar guild ladies at my church. Most are on vacation so it was just two of us. After polishing the torches, candle holders, the baptismal water holder, and cleaning out the sinks, getting rid of all the dead flowers and chatting with the amazing amount of people who wander in and out of the sacristy looking for Fr. I felt really great. Itchy (got to remember to bring gloves next time) but happy.




One more thing, be kind to your parish priest. He puts up with a lot of personalities and deals with an incredible amout of needs in just one morning.

3 comments:

Mrs Jackie Parkes MJ said...

well done for helping out...

Suzanne said...

So true! So well said. I am a Sacristan at my parish for the month of July. I love it..its my quiet time with the Lord and yes, the parish priest...poor men..somedays!
Oh..the poster of Father Meyer you have up on your blog..well, he's here! The son and hubby just got back from a retreat with him this past week. The girls and I have been blessed to be on 3 Consumed retreats with him now. He's pretty amazing.
I just learn from the hubby that he was brought up by a Catholic mom and a Lutheran dad. His mom used to walk off with the rosary in her hand, but they didn't know why. He said he didn't even really know what the rosary was even about until he went to seminary! He loves Mary and at Consumed often comes to tears during Saturday night adoration! The kids love him and many of the seminarians and young guys in Indiana are enjoying being in love with Christ in every good way and also having a bit of fun. He makes me think of St. John Bosco. :)

Dymphna said...

Suzanne, tell Fr. Meyer hello for me. I really love his poster.