Saturday, April 25, 2009

Today we visited St. Ignatius in Chapel Point Maryland. It is the oldest continously Jesuit run parish in the United States. We prayed in the beautiful little church, walked in the cemetary and the pries't cemetary and then looked at the litte house that was once a stop on the underground railroad. It was founded in 1641, by Fr. Andrew White who must've been an amazingly brave man. We then stopped by St. Thomas Manor and the shrine to Our Lady, the Stations of the Cross walk and the St. Kateri statue.

Next we went to Chapel Point park and headed down the road to Our Lady of the Wayside Church in Chaptico for Vigil Mass. The pastor, Fr. Baer is an energetic young man who gave a fine homily and was a good confessor. The parishioners were friendly. Mass was glorious. After that we had a terrific meal in Mechanicsville.


No comments: