Saturday, December 19, 2009

snow has turned the place into a marshmallow world

Well, global warming freaks ,DC, MD and VA just got hit with the biggest accumulation of snow fall in 70 years. Hah! It's amazing. The whole world sounds like it's under a blanket. The snow has been falling since Friday night and I can't see anything but white. The sky is white, the ground is white, there are gray shapes bumbling around in the snow---the neighbor kids, I guess. Earler I saw the occasional SUV going by but now the road is completely empty. Rocky, God bless him, is at work.

I was worried a bit about missing Mass but I just heard that the Archdiocese has forgiven the Mass obligation for this weekend. That's the first time I've ever heard of this happening. As soon as I finish putting up the tree I'm going outside to play in the snow.






5 comments:

Old Bob said...

Dear Dymphna,
That's nothing to a Minnesotan. Ve are tuff up here, ya, yewbetcha!

Mary Ann Kreitzer said...

Ah but you also have the equipment up there. I heard on the news last night that V-Dot has 2000 trucks...in the state. Well, we may be dug out by March. Our driveway is about 100 feet long. I shoveled about a four foot square in an hour. We have a little John Deere with a snowplow, but it couldn't do a thing in this depth. So we are probably snowed in for a few days. If you want to see a few photos go to http://lesfemmes-thetruth.blogspot.com/2009/12/weather-outside-is-frightfulmust-be.html

It is beautiful and I love it!

Cliff said...

haha I love the Swede's comment! I could seriously be jealous of all that snow, if only I could also be sure of where the mortgage payment would be coming from. :)

Dymphna said...

I'm loving it.

Hans Georg Lundahl said...

Cliff, were you calling Old Bob a Swede?

Nice to see some countrymen in CATHOLIC contexts on the web!