Monday, January 30, 2006

Guilty pleasures

I finally get to play tag. Catholic Cavemen…has come up with the Guilty Pleasures Meme.

I confess to the following guilty pleasures….

Music: Guns & Roses. November Rain still gives me chills and I love Eminem.

Movies: The original Walking Tall movies and Kill Bill. The fight scene with the Crazy 88s is the stuff of legend.

Politics: Watching Teddy Kennedy make a bigger and bigger ass of himself.

Church-related: I love the look of sour surprise on the faces of eucharistic ministers when I leave their line and head for the priest at communion.

Chow: London Town Cheese waffles .

Clothing: Leg warmers. I do love them….still.

Hygienic: I confess. Under stress I'm a hair twirler and compulsively attack pimples, mine or anyone else's.

3 comments:

St. Jimbob of the Apokalypse said...

Cheese waffles? ooooh, sounds tastey! I love cheese, but not stinky cheeses (like Digital Hairshirt). I was around the GNR generation, but I didn't like 'hair metal', I was a straightedge skinhead in the late 80's.

Dymphna said...

You'd love cheese waffles. They're what the English would call nursery food but they're so darn good. I'd drive miles out of my way for good cheddar.

Hans Georg Lundahl said...

I can see how London Town Cheese Waffles would be guilty today, Saturday before Palm Sunday, to an Eastern Rite Catholic who abstains from cheesefare during Lent, but what was guilty about it back in Jan 30, 2006 - or any other monday, for that matter, in that time of the Church Year?