Saturday, June 10, 2006

Men and women are different ---example #568,127


When I saw this picture of a the Mexican World Cup soccer uniform on a statue of Baby Jesus I was annoyed. First, because putting a profane outfit on Baby Jesus is a cheesy thing. Second, because I hate soccer. I'd rather watch ants fight or the grass wither. A little football or baseball uniform would've been just as cheesy but at least it's not soccer...

My husband Rocky, on the otherhand, saw the picture and began a 20 minute discourse on the Child Jesus and what games He might have played in Nazareth. Rocky, wondered if little Jesus simply let His friends win games or if He always won because after all He was God and knew all the plays anyway. Did angels hover around and block shots for Him or did Mary and Joseph flat out refuse to let Him play any game that might give Him a bruise or scrape? After his discourse he turned to me and asked "What do you think, Dym?" I just stared and marvelled.