Sunday, April 29, 2007

Show us your veil week


It's Show Us Your Veil Week (HT A Thorn in the Pew and The Walled Garden) and here's a pic of my favorite one. It's Spanish and comes from Halo-Works. I bought the child size because the ladies size is too big for me. I love this veil. It's so sheer and light and stays on my head without pins and it even stays in place when I bow down to the floor in adoration.
I also have a pretty nice veil in light blue from EWTN. It was only six bucks but does not look cheap at all. My other veils are vintage from Ebay or come from a seamstress.

6 comments:

Lynne said...

Beautiful! I'll be buying one this week, was going to do so before I read this post.

Mac McLernon said...

Heheheh... mine is on my profile photo!

Sanctus Belle said...

I'm curious, do many other women in your parish wear a veil? NO ONE at my parish does, not even my fellow orthodox/Traditional. We do have a once monthly Latin Trid. rite mass and perhaps a handful wear them then. I'd love to wear one, but faint with weakness at the thought of the stares...I know that makes me a complete wimp.

Dymphna said...

Santus, when I started there was only one other woman who wore a veil. Now there are eight.

PS

You're not a wimp! Veiling is something we modern ladies have to ease into.

4HisChurch said...

I'm trying to ease into veiling myself. I just got a kercheif type veil from headcoverings.com. It ties under the back of the head and is reversible. They will make it to order.

Dymphna said...

Wendy's Modest Dress and She Maketh Herself Coverings are excellent sources. SMHC also has a lot of choices for women who are just starting out veiling.