Friday, November 23, 2007

and i lived to tell the tale

On November 5th I went to work and passed out at my desk. At the hospital a surgeon told me that I had an cornual ectopic rupture. Our poor baby just got confused and implanted in the thickest part of my left fallopian tube instead of making it down to the uterus.

The hospital chaplain, a wonderful priest from Nigeria gave me Last Rites and then I went to surgery. Recovery has been slow but I was very much encouraged by my family, friends and the grace and mercy of God and His holy church. Priests came to give me confession and communion in the hospital and my parish priests called me on the phone to comfort me. Another wonderful priest walked from his rectory to my mom's home where I'm recuperating to give me Holy Communion.

Thank you, Lord for sparing my life.
Thank you St. Bernadette, St. Therese and St. Joan for your prayers.

15 comments:

Bailey Walker said...

Deo gratias! I have been praying for you since your absence seemed so unlike you. Welcome home. Oremus pro invicem.

Dymphna said...

Thank you!

Mrs Jackie Parkes MJ said...

i'm praying for you..i lost a baby that implanted in the cervix & ended up in HDU..am fine now..God bless

Dymphna said...

Oh thank you, Jackie!

Dymphna (4HisChurch) said...

I'm so thankful that you are ok!

elena maria vidal said...

Praying for you, dear!

Dymphna said...

Thanks Dymphna and Elena!

Sanctus Belle said...

I was wondering about your absence! Glad you are alright and I'm sorry about the loss of your baby. Now you have a little one in Heaven. I lost a baby to miscarriage years ago and I think often of how I couldn't get to know that little one in this life, but I will have all eternity to spend with him in the next! God bless.

Carolina Cannonball said...

Im glad you were ok. Im sorry to hear about your loss. My prayers are with you as well.

Dymphna said...

Santus, Carolina, thanks!

Christine said...

I am very sorry to hear that you lost the baby, and I pray that you will be okay.

Benedicamus said...

My prayers are with you. I know that something like this is tough- thank God you pulled through and are still here! Take care.

KitBrookside said...

Dymphna,

Just wanted to let you know I am praying for you, too -- don't despair and never, never give up! I had seven miscarriages in as many years (after having two effortless pregnancies) for no apparent reason. So frustrating, so heartbreaking, and no answers. I finally gave it up to God while at adoration down in Hanceville, AL in July of '06...and had my son at the end of April this year. Definitely a little miracle! As I told a Nigerian priest friend of mine, I feel like I am back from the desert. He baptised our boy on the feast of St. John the Baptist and asked me to repeat the story at the end of Mass. (I was a wreck by the end and so were his parishioners, but I have since learned that it has borne at least 2 little expected bits of fruit!)

I take some comfort in knowing that we will have our own little choir of angels waiting for us in heaven, but the temporal side of me still grieves and always will. And that's okay. It made me, and it will make you, treasure the next baby all the more.

Pax tibi,
Kit

Lynne said...

Oh my goodness! I've been really behind on my blog reading so I just discovered your post. Thank God you are okay. I'm sorry for your loss. I hope Rocky's doing okay. You're his soul-mate. I'll pray for the 3 of you today...

a thorn in the pew said...

I'm so sorry. I will definately keep you in my prayers.