Saturday, April 14, 2012

In your charity

Please pray for my Uncle Bubba. His furnace broke down and so he got out his ancient space heater and you guessed it, the heater shorted out and ignited his bedding. Flames went down the hall and into the attic. Through the grace of God, Bubba was not in the house at the time but was taking his afternoon walk. It's  a total loss. Bubba is 69 years old and has nothing but the clothes on his back.  Red Cross gave him $138, and three nights in a hotel. He's a proud man who has always taken care of others and is not used to be cared for. I'm hoping that my cousins can convince him to stay with them.

2 comments:

Terry Nelson said...

That is sad - I will pray.

Hans Georg Lundahl said...

Hope all is all right by now.