Tuesday, December 28, 2021

random thoughts on a Tuesday night

  • Christmas vacation is the happiest time of the year for me. For 7 days I cook, clean and spend long nights lying on the couch, laughing and telling stories with my family. My mother and I can hang out long past midnight, eating pecans and talking about all kinds of things. It's a real gift from God.


  •  I don't want to hear about the Nuremberg Code anymore. Folks, in order to have Nuremberg you have to win the war.

  • Why do Catholic women post photos of themselves in immodest clothing or poses, particularly when they state that they are on their way to church or while standing in front of the altar?  Why do these women always seem to have a priest friend who posts a compliment or a defense of her when someone asks why she's dressed like that? I just saw a Christmas card where the woman is doing the trout pout with her buttocks stuck out at a bizarre angle, and standing next to her wimpy looking husband. Is is narcissism, feminism or just an infection of worldliness? 


  • I've noticed something wonderful. None of the young priests I've heard in the last couple of years do that horrible sing-song lispy baby talk voice when they speak. It's finally fallen out of fashion in the seminary public speaking class. The only ones who still do appear to be over 60.