Saturday, October 20, 2012

Zombie babies: a sign of the times?

My boss is insisting on throwing  a Halloween cupcake party this year. I'm not thrilled and said so but I don't get a vote so.........I headed to a party store to pick up table cloths and a couple of decorative items. Five seconds afer stepping into the place I began to feel sick. The big thing this year is zombie babies.  Rows and rows of   undead infants dripping with blood.  Vampires, ghouls, ghost and witch costumes were also there once you walked further into the store but the dead baby figurines, and life sized statues  were up front. The party store owner knows what's hot and what his customers want and must have gone all out. I had no idea this was considered cool and I'm pretty sure it's says something about our culture. I didn't buy anything and left as quickly as I could.

6 comments:

Old Bob said...

2 esCTADGI'm sure that was really badly tacky, but what can we expect from a pop culture that seems to see little or nothing wrong with 54 million real dead babies?

Steve "scotju" Dalton said...

Dymphna, I hope you're never in Mexico or a Mexican neighborhood around the time of The Day Of The Dead. I'm afraid our Mexican Catholics would give you a major freakout!

Dymphna said...

Nah, Day of the Dead I've seen before. Flesh eating rotting dead babies gave me the creeps.

Dymphna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lola said...

Took my Darlings to the Halloweenie Costume Store named "Spirit". Hmmm interesting name for a Halloween store. Saw the 'zombie babies' and tried to keep the Darlings away.


When I saw the 'babies' I couldn't believe it. Gross. And then yes I could with our culture.

Lola said...
This comment has been removed by the author.