Friday, February 20, 2015

In your charity could you say a prayer?

My uncle has had a cold for three weeks. Now he's in the critical care unit. Guess what? The nurse practitioner at the his nursing home was wrong. He doesn't have a bad cold, he has pneumonia. Nursing home acquired pneumonia is common but takes a long time to treat. He's frightened and anxious and has to be sedated in order to let the oxygen antibiotics and bed rest work. When I got the phone call from the nursing home I sat down on the kitchen floor and cried. He's on a ventilator and will not be going back to the nursing home until he's been weaned off it.

In your charity could you say a little prayer for him?

Whatever happens I know, Christus regnat. Christ vincit. Christus imperat.

8 comments:

kam said...

Hail Mary, full of grace...(x3)

newguy40 said...

Yes. Will add to my noon time rosary intentions.

Wendy in VA said...

We'll pray for your uncle, Dymphna.

Bailey Walker said...

Saying a Memorare for your uncle...

Dymphna said...

Thank you all.

Anita Moore said...

Hail Marys said for him.

Lola said...

Your uncle and you will be in my and my darlings prayers.

Steve Dalton said...

How's your uncle doing now?