Monday, January 14, 2008

Never, no more

Sigh. As I've said before, I love fashion. I see no reason why a modest, serious Catholic woman has to go around with a unibrow, yellowed fuzzy knee socks, dirty clogs, and a shapeless plaid jumper with baby stains on it in public. Folks, Catholic women can look good. St. Elizabeth, Blessed Zellie and St. Gianna were attractive females who made their husbands proud to be with them.

But anyway.......up until today, one of my favorite little treats was to cuddle up on the couch with a copy of Vogue magazine. But that's over. Vogue has forgotten that it's just a fashion magazine and has done a lavish, adoring article promoting partial birth abortion, one of the foulest, most vicious crimes to ooze out of a doctor's mind since the WWII Nazi "experiments". I'll never buy Vogue again.

8 comments:

Mrs Jackie Parkes MJ said...

How utterly awful!

KitBrookside said...

Truly, truly sickening. When I graduated from law school (very pregnant) in 1997, a year before this "least tragic" choice that woman in the article made, one of my classmates became a dad to a 23-week preemie...who battled in the hospital for 4 months, survived and is a 10 year old honor student in 4th grade. I'm with you, D -- never, never again!
-Kit

DigiHairshirt said...

Her decision was "one made out of love", as she puts it? What a tool.

Coffee Catholic said...

THAT'S SICK!! Horrid!! Ugh!! I can't believe that a *fashion* magazine would pander to baby killing!!!!

I'm with you on the shapeless jumper and dirty clogs - but uh...I wear knee socks! On a daily basis! Only they aren't yellowed or fuzzy hehehe! I ordered a lovely light charcoal grey but got black instead. I hate black socks!! But, they keep me warm and I think of all those poor folk in this world without shoes - let alone socks.

Dymphna said...

Well, okay, it's cold in Scotland and you need the socks--- I make an exception for you! How is your Christmas calf, Isidore?

Carolina Cannonball said...

I have incompetent cervix and omeffingword!!! I would never in a million years would have doen that to my 1st son... has his brains sucked out. Foul, evil, loathsome!

I went into labor, he was born, and I held him as he died in my arms. Hard yes, but much more compassionate that sucking his baby brains out. Im never buying Vogue either! Im horrified.

a thorn in the pew said...

How sad. I wonder who the moron was behind this editorial choice.

Angela M. said...

Haven't bought Vogue for years and this cements my decision. I also won't buy People anymore. The week they did a spread on some football player and his "partner" and took a photo of them lounging on their bed with "their kids" was the last straw.