Friday, January 01, 2010

Feast of Mary, Mother of God

Happy New Year to you all. 2009 was the worst year I can remember. I've seen hard working people sick with worry about their jobs and homes. My cousin and her husband both lost their jobs at the same time. I have one friend who's been looking for work for 6 months now. She's got an excellent resume and years of experience but there are no jobs in her field. Rocky and I drove through Baltimore back in the Summer and we saw block after block of empty foreclosed houses. One neighborhood looked like something out of a apocalyptic sci-fi movie. And now people who have jobs and who can afford their mortgages are choosing to walk away from their homes. Lord, I never thought I'd see the day...

There are people at my job who believe Obama will save them. Poor saps. I do not put my trust in princes. I look to God, the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost and I look to Mary, Mother of God and saint of saints. I put my trust in Heaven.
Ex Fide, Fortis








1 comment:

Smiley said...

He who puts his faith in Human leaders is like a man building a house on Sandy ground.
I think 2010 might be a lot worse, the tillion dollar bailout package has to at some point in time meet inflation. I think its itme we as Catholics are going to be put to the test and see if we really belive in Seek ye first the kingdom... and He who feeds the Birds in the air and clothes the littles in the field knows more about what you need....

(Prdon my sumarizing)
I wish you the best for the New Year, Pray that we all remain strong and do not get discouraged