Thursday, November 25, 2010

Now hear this....

George Weigel*,Rorate Caeli hysterics, some of the more daft Fisheaters et al, you are not the pope. The Holy Spirit did not choose you. What you know or think you know about theology wouldn't fill Pope Benedict's morning cup of tea.


George made a lot of money off of John Paul II, and is primed to do the same with Benedict while criticizing him when he's making speeches or writing essays in the States. I hope somebody in the Vatican wises up and keeps him as far away from Benedict as possible.

7 comments:

Bailey Walker said...

Mr. Weigel wrote the forward for the Holy Father's controversial new book, "Light of the World."

Dymphna said...

Did he write the foreward to all the versions or just the English speaking one? He's been awfully critical of Pope Benedict lately.

Charlotte said...

Funny, I just wrote a post in a similar vein.

Josemaria Lazaro Paulo Jeronimo Martin Carvalho-von verster said...

Rorate Caeli hysterics?

Dymphna said...

Yes, Rorate Caeli hysterics. I was reading that normally very fine blog a few days ago and was shocked at how nuts some of the comments were in regards to the pope.

Joe of St. Thérèse said...

Yes, they are hysterics, I too was shocked by the behavior. Whenever I don't get the Holy Father, it is me who is the weak one, not the Holy Father.

People need to "chill" as I said in my thought of the day last week or whenever I said it.

Hans Georg Lundahl said...

"What you know or think you know about theology wouldn't fill Pope Benedict's morning cup of tea."

Does not follow.

Especially since the man you just called Pope, before the supposed election (which I considered a hopeful surprise, remember!) had signed an official document which shows an extremely shaky grasp on Biblical inerrancy, or perhaps rather none left.

Or, perhaps, it does follow, theological knowledge NOT filling that man's morning cups of tea at all.