Wednesday, February 16, 2011

What's up?

Is the current level of acesss* to the Tridentine Mass in danger? Today on Fr. Z's blog he wrote cryptically about the  Summorum Pontificum being altered in some way. On the Rorate Caeli blog the comments ranged between hopeful, to disgusted to completely disheartened. What's up? Are people being hysterical or is there something to this talk?





* I know there are people who are not impressed by the number of TLMs available in the US but it's a larger number than I've ever seen in my lifetime so I don't want to complain.

2 comments:

Joseph Therese said...

No one knows at this point, it's all speculation. I've chosen to skip reading the holier than thou commentors at Rorate

Saint Michael Come To Our Defense said...

Some bloggers have their ear to the ground and are able to sound the alarm if they catch something in the wind.

At the least we should say the three Hail Marys that the Holy Father remain strong.

I include this prayer in my Rosary prayers:

Prayer for Our Holy Father the Pope

O God, I pray for the intentions of the Pope. I ask You to grant him the ability to write well and to speak well so that he might lead Your people well. Grant him the gifts of faith, hope, love, charity, chastity, kindness, wisdom, patience, generosity, courage but most of all that he may be lead away from all heresy so that he might unite Your church and be with You one day in Heaven. Amen

By the Sign of the Holy Cross, from our enemies free us, O Lord, My God.

In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. Amen.

*