Saturday, June 16, 2012

Sacred Heart

I don't know if I really like this one but I am grateful that the artist, who is hugely talented portrayed Our Lord as a man who actually did hard work and walked everywhere up and down  hills and through lonesome valleys. There is too much well meaning art that shows Him looking like a consumptive 12 year old girl. The artist's  paintings of the crucifixion and of Mary at the foot of the cross are particularly well done and would make a good gift for your church.

 

This is the one that is at St. Rita's

This is the one on my bedroom wall. I bought it at the dollar store an I swear it looks much better when you see it in person that it does here.

But no matter what image you have at home or church love and remember with grateful affection  ...

This heart, which has so loved men