Sunday, December 16, 2012

The Hell brouhahah

I think it's natural human frailty to hope that Hell is either empty or lightly populated. It's painful to think that your Uncle Lou is in Hell. Lou was great to you, he was fun, okay so he drank and cheated on his wife and had several outside children that he didn't provide one dime for, not to mention that he was nobody to mess with when he was mad as several guys at the local bar found out over the years... you all loved Uncle Lou...he's not in Hell, pretty please?

It's also comforting to think that if God is just going to forgive everybody and that if even Stalin and Hitler are in Purgatory then surely you, a nice person who has never killed or tortured anybody has nothing to worry about.

Lukewarm Catholics casuse a lot of trouble for themselves and others. Trying to pretend the Hell isn't a possible destination is foolish. Either you believe Jesus or not and He talked plainly about Hell. Either you believe Mary or not. At Fatima she talked plainly about Hell.

As for Father Barron, well, he is a priest and I'd rather pray for him than criticize him. 

5 comments:

Steve "scotju" Dalton said...

We should pray for Fr. Barron, but his teachings that contradict Catholic teaching should be pointed out so souls won't be deceived by them.

Dymphna said...

That's true Steve. I have my eye on Fr. Barron. I have a pretty good idea of how things are going to turn out with his teachings but..I could be wrong so I'll wait for a bit.

Dymphna said...

That's true Steve. I have my eye on Fr. Barron. I have a pretty good idea of how things are going to turn out with his teachings but..I could be wrong so I'll wait for a bit.

Lola said...

I remember reading about Blsd Anna Maria Tiagi and how she had seen the souls fall into Hell "as numerous as snowflakes". Ouch!

I mentioned that at the religious ed office and was immediatley repremanded by Sr. RED. "The Church has never declared that anyone was in Hell." she said. I shut my mouth.

I am certain if Our Lord said people would go there, people are there. And I'm most frightened by the Lukewarm warning than the Appocalypse.


I'll say a prayer for Fr. Barron, but I haven't a clue as to who he is. On to finding out...

Hans Georg Lundahl said...

I am less than positive that the Robber Baron of theology is either priest or bishop. New rite of ordination and episcopal consecration ...