Wednesday, February 20, 2013

a word from St. Bernadette






"I only fear bad Catholics."     St Bernadette Soubirous






One bad Catholic can cause a world of misery. Henry VIII, destroyed himself spiritually and casused the suffering and deaths of  inncoent people. He took a Catholic country and warped into something that would not prick his concience. Bad Catholics give rise to heresy and schism. They do harm in great places and in the lowly. They destroy parishes, make the lives of good priests miserbable, ruin the catechism of both children and converts, and give terrible examples to non Catholic observers.


3 comments:

Old Bob said...

That is indeed a very very sad story. I could go on and on.
A lot of people don't believe me when I tell them about the anti-Catholic laws in force in England from about 1535 to about 1835.
And most people don't believe me when I tell them about the penal laws in Ireland after about 1690.

Hans Georg Lundahl said...

But 1835, was not that precisely the Penal Laws that were repealed?

Anyway, Protestant England was in its way as proto-Communist as Roman Empire from times of Tiberius to Domitian.

Hans Georg Lundahl said...

Bob, I have a hard time believing you, if you say Penal Laws were only there in Ireland!

And "Frankenpope" Bergoglio says Anglicans don't need to convert!