Saturday, May 11, 2019

random thoughts on a Saturday afternoon


  • I still look terrible after my dental surgery but at least the black eye is gone. If the swelling hasn't gone completely down by Monday I'll just put on my sunglasses and get on with it.


  • Pray for Bishop James Su Zhimin of Baoding. He's been swallowed up and no-one knows if he is living or dead. Does the pope care? Do the Vatican flunkies say this is sad but there's a greater goal that will be reached somewhere down the road and sacrifices have to be made. I suppose that's what Paul VI may have muttered about Cardinal Mindszenty.

  • I was watching a fashion show and suddenly a question popped into my head. What would Western women look like if the fashion industry wasn't dominated by men who have no love for womankind?

  • Ann Barnhardt called it  about men like this individual over a year ago on one of her podcasts. In a way, being insulted by such a person is a compliment because it means you are not the kind of woman he likes being around: train wrecks. 




  • The Mothers Day Mass is tomorrow. Father will ask all the mothers to stand up and receive a round of applause and every mother will get a rose or carnation depending on what's in the flower account. I don't like this. As Pope St. Pius X said, “It is not fitting to applaud the servant in the house of his Master.” 


  • Have you noticed that Pope Francis is not inviting migrants to Argentina?