Wednesday, October 22, 2008

WTH?--- Obama is not Jesus. He's not St. Martin either.




I'm ashamed to admit this but in my youth I liked Madonna. I was a fan right up until the night the Like A Prayer video premiered. I was a sloppy, lazy Catholic then and barely went to Mass but when I saw Madonna gyrating and groping the St. Martin de Pores statue in the video I was disgusted. That was it for me forever. I've not had a Madonna CD in my house since. It offended me that she used an image of the saint in such a vulgar way. It horrifies (but doesn't shock) me to see that some jackass dared to put Obama's head on a photo of St. Martin now.

The Obama people really worry me. They have a weird fixation on him that aint healthy or natural. Even the Kennedy brothers didn't incite this much worship.

7 comments:

Makarios said...

There's nothing quite like a little discernment to change one's path in life. Good luck on your journey and I hope to see you There.

Charlotte said...

You know, I don't always comment, but I love your posts. Wish you put more up. You have a way of saying things that I really identify with (bits of sarcasm and snarkiness) - and that's OK! There's a place for the humble and there's a place for the outspoken and we need all voices. Keep it up.

Joe of St. Thérèse said...

I found this photo yesterday thanks to a priest friend of mine...i went into outrage over this...Obamaworship...this is so the devil's work.

Subvet said...

This cult of personality associated with Obama is really troubling. I keep thinking of how Hitler's former secretary described him. She said he was like a rock star, sound familiar?

I've never seen an election like this in my 56 years and hope to never see anything simiiliar. Scares the bejeebers out of me.

LarryD said...

I do not subscribe to conspiracy theories. I avoid World Net Daily because Joe Farah frightens me. And the Bilderberger Group, whatever they may be, doesn't keep me up at night.

But this article that someone linked to at Karen's 'Some Have Hats' blog was pretty interesting. It's long, and in some parts repetitive, but if it's true, could explain some of the weird and strange reactions from the O's followers.

Is Obama Using Hypnosis Techniques In His Speeches and Appearances?

ignorant redneck said...

I don't like the fascistic overtones to Obamas campaign, but I don't think he's the Antichrist.

He just works for him

Hans Georg Lundahl said...

"The Obama people really worry me. They have a weird fixation on him that aint healthy or natural."

I am waiting with some patience but still eagerness for how you react to Bergoglio.