Thursday, September 04, 2008

Where were you when....

I stole this meme from Lair of the Catholic Cavemen.

1. President Kennedy's Assassination - 22 November 1963

I hadn't been born yet.

2. England's World Cup Semi Final v Germany - 4 July

This is soccer isn't it?

3. Margaret Thatcher's resignation - 22 November 1990

I can't recall and I'm sorry about that.

Princess Diana's death - 31 August 1997

I was taking a nap when my mother called. I couldn't believe it and felt unreal all day.

5. Attack on the twin towers - 11 September 2001

I was at work, a few blocks from the White House. I wasn't shocked. If you live or work in DC you eventually realize that one day the Big Bad Thing is going to happen and you pray that it will be quick. I figured that a major terrorist act would happen in America one day but the way they did was breathtaking. I remember standing on my balcony and watching bits of burnt paper from the Pentagon float by and realizing that America's long nap from reality was over.

6. The election of Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger to the papacy - 19 April 2005

I was at work again. I stood up cheered. Then I sat down very quickly before anybody saw me.