Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 blogville standouts

The most useful blog I've seen this year
Traditional Latin Mass in Maryland


 Saddest
These Stone Walls

Most disappointing 
 The Catholic blogs who were assimilated by Patheos


The post I definitely wish I hadn't read
I have a sense of humor... a weird one but it does exist. However, jokes about the Triune God and Our Lady are off limits. This thing isn't a lighthearted joke. It is  a mockery of the Consecration and that's not funny.




Most interesting photos
Orbis Secundus


Bravest
Orwell's Picnic.


Cutest
Crechemania and Catholic Icing

7 comments:

Adrienne said...

Happy New Year, Dymphna.

P.S. I don't get the whole Patheos thing but I really don't care. Other than Kat, I'm not too fond of the other bloggers there.

Terry Nelson said...

Happy New Year, Dy!

If there was a vote, I would certainly rank your blog as the most honest and filled with practical wisdom.

Deo volente said...

Dear Dymphna,

I am honored by my selection as a blog of interest although I don't know what I've done to be accorded such an honor!

I have pondered your comments over the years and do feel that we are Catholics who have very similar sensibilities and sensitivities about our Faith. Thanks for the selection! You are far too kind!

Ever faithful!
D.v.

Dymphna said...

Happy New Year to you all and thanks Terry. DV, I just love your blog. It amuses me, educates me and keeps me up to date.

Gina said...

Note to self - when Dymphna says "Wish I hadn't seen this" just go ahead and assume it'll be something you wish you hadn't seen, too.

Blah.

The Crescat said...

At least Adrienne still loves me. Terry too, a bit. I think. Maybe.

I'm forlorn over the loss of Larry D's affections.

But hey, I make no apologies. I got a kid to feed and an ex-husband who fled to mexico to avoid child support. Plus... there are so many heretics and craptastic "catholics" on patheos {readers not writers] that it's a fun place to people all riled up.

Hans Georg Lundahl said...

Oh, Catherine, if your husband has economic troubles, why not let him play a little of my compositions?

musicalia : General index
http://hglundahlsmusik.blogspot.fr/2009/08/general-index.html