Sunday, December 11, 2011

Random thoughts on modesty and other stuff

  • Thank you all for your kind words and prayers for my poor aunt, Emmabelle.


  • I was reading a complaint on another blog about how hard it is to find modest clothes and I thought, 'silly you'. Modesty is actually pretty easy.  I have a dress that looks fine when I'm standing but shows too much when I sit. So I put a t shirt under it and no-body sees a thing. Simple.

    There is no law that says you have to buy mini skirts and if your regular skirt is a little too short put on black tights. Instead of buying low rider jeans that expose your naked backside  buy some relaxed fit Wranglers or Faded Glorys and be done with it. You don't have to dress like an Amish woman ---but oddly enough one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen was a barefoot young Amish mother walking down a dirt road--- and you don't have dress like a Mormon breakaway cult member to be modest. 

    I do not wish to support Mormonism in any way, and I don't want to be on mailing list or get a visit form Mormon elders so I refuse to buy from LDS owned stores but mainstream Mormon women, I have to admit, do a great job of looking good without looking sleazy and unlike Catholics they've actually gone into business providing gorgeous clothes instead of just complaining. 


  • You know how a puppy or dog will roll over on their stomachs before a dominant dog in a submission gesture? That's what this was.


  • Speaking of dogs, if that nice boy, Tim Tebow were to torture one to death, drive drunk, shoot off a gun in a nightclub, get accused of rape....twice, all the people who rag on him now would be fans. I wish the kid was Catholic. Can you imagine the exploding heads?


  • The situation with my uncle's dementia is getting worse and none of the nursing homes I'm pursuing have made acceptance decisions yet and I've become terribly disappointed in his doctor. My mother and I are so tired. I just want to sit on the floor and cry sometimes. And then my fighting spirit comes back. When this is all over and he is in a safe place I can rest until then I just have to follow Winston Churchill's advice and keep on going.


  • Thank God the morning after pill is not going to be sold over the counter. Can you imagine what would have happened on daily basis? A guy decides he wants to be "sure" and slips it into his girlfriend's coffee...a statutory rapist forces an underage girl to take it at the end of their "date" .....an angry teenager adds it her stepmother's dinner... a college girl figures if one is good she ought to take four....babies killed as easily and thoughtlessly as one does when popping a vitamin. What a horror.