Wednesday, February 15, 2012

random thoughts

  • I've said what I think about Theology of the Body before. My feelings haven't changed. Something about it just doesn't feel or smell right to me  especially after reading this .


  • Remember when Anne Rice announced that she was Catholic again? People fell over themselves to praise her and her close to, if not totally blasphemous books on Jesus. I remember walking into the Pauline  and the Immaculate Conception Basilica bookstores and seeing  huge displays of her work. Now the poor woman  has left the Church and says she's not sure she even believes in God. Was she ever sincere or was the whole thing just a publicity stunt?


  • The US bishops still don't get it.


  • Nicki Minaj attempted to be shocking with her lame little Grammy act but we've all seen that garbage before. She may immitate Madonna who got quite rich offending Catholics but she lacks the old woman's rat-like cunning and I see the words "has-been" and "one hit wonder" in her future.


  • Speaking of entertainers, I was so sad to hear about Whitney Houston. On her worse day when she couldn't even hit her high notes she had more talent in her little finger than 90% of the pop singers on the world stage today. Her voice was the background music to my 20s. She was my husband's favorite woman singer and we will remember her with affection and sadness. May God have mercy on her soul.


  • On March 18th, there will be Laetare Sunday Evensong & Benediction at St. Rita's.


  •  I still don't have my plan for Lent ready  yet.