Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Fr. Aragorn

Father Aragorn, our old parochial vicar will be saying a Solemn High Mass at Our Lady of Hope
in Potomac Falls, Virginia on July 1 at 7PM. I'm temted to go but the last time I visited OLoH I was not comfortable--- the church is gorgeous, the priest is very good but the people are coldfish, rich Northern Virginians with all that entails and I'm not sure I want to put up with that again. Potomac Falls is one of those stuffy, artificial places that I loathe. No history, no real center, just a bunch of mini mansions squating on the manicured hills.

On the other hand, it would be lovely to be at a Solemn High Mass and Fr. Aragorn's Latin is exquisite.

4 comments:

Garret Girmus said...

Whoa. Who said it was Father Aragorn. I have it on good word from several FSSP seminarians that it is Father Scalia saying Mass. The Arlington Catholic Herald says the same thing.

steve vickers-buckley said...

Father Aragorn = Father Scalia, or is it the other way around?

I recently started attending the now Monday evening Latin Mass at St. John, and Fr. Scalia is. the. best.

Dymphna said...

Yes, Aragorn is our family's nick name for Fr. Scalia. Our pastor is Fr. Theoden, our new PV is Fr. Gollum, and we even have a Fr.Frodo. I'm a LOTR geekette.

Fr. Scalia is a good guy and a fine confessor. He won't tell you what you want to hear but he'll always tell you what you need to hear.

The Digital Hairshirt said...

Dymphna, those folks need to see what a good Catholic looks like. You go.